Friday, March 11, 2011

Me vs. technology Part 1

Well, my friend Steve converted me to being a GPS fan last year. I sort of thought that using a GPS was for sissies who couldn't read a map, but it helped negotiate me out of deepest, darkest Albany last year |(even if followings its directions is what got me there in the first place) and this convinced me of the utility of the device. I especially like the ability to estimate arrival time, even if I already know where the location is.
So, my wife was driving down the road and I was playing with the GPS, identifying all the hobby shops I know and love. I found that I could assign a little graphical symbol to these locations and I asked her what she thought I should use. She deadpanned "Why not use a dollar sign?"
Boy, the closer they are to the truth, the more it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Like your blog and products. Keep up the good work.

    Rob Arsenault
    http://canadairargus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete